Saturday, November 10, 2012

Let's Get Healthy!

I've been trying to increase my water intake. Aside from the 1liter bottle I take to work each day, I try to also take 2mugs at each mealtime & whenever I remember to. Plus, I'm also trying to make it a point to drink 2 mugs after each visit to the toilet.

So far I've been trying out Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Workout & I'm now on Day 4. I've been searching high & low for a good workout & couldn't find one until now. I was either too shy or it was too dangerous to go outside to the parks to workout/jog. Plus, I had no stamina at all to jog, so I shoved that idea out. I refuse to pay the gym for stuff I can do for free (modified of course). I had always been shy to workout at home lest the rest of the family would tease me for trying to workout. Everything else required too much time or effort or depended on the weather, ugh. So this workout is perfect, rain or shine, you can do it & its only 30minutes! =) & its about time I cared only about myself & not what others would think about how ridiculous I look. No pain, no gain.

This time, I'm doing it for myself! I want to get fit. I hate that I've touched 60kg on the scales & I really want to bring it back down to 5Xkgs. I am sick of not being able to fit into certain clothes of mine properly without bulging out everywhere. I am sick of being insecure about my own body & I really want to flaunt my new bikini off =( this time, I don't have someone saying I'm fat & flabby & yucky & pushes me to workout to look good for them. This time, I have family & friends who tell me I look alright, just needs improvement & I can do it! This time, its all for me! (Think of it as a healthy good revenge *grins*)

Day 1 was a killer, I could barely do half of the video & was huffing & panting throughout the video. It just shows how unfit & unhealthy I am. Day 2 & 3, I slowly got the hang of certain routines, but still couldn't do them with weights, so I used small plastic drinking bottles filled with water instead (barely any workout I know).

Aaron said I wasn't doing the abs workout properly which was true cause my neck hurt so badly instead of my abs. He also said I wasn't doing the pushups properly which is also true cause I really really suck at pushups, cannot do even one proper one. However, I think he admired my ability to maintain my halfsquats *grins*

The first 3days made my thighs burn like hell, I could barely sit down or squat without wincing in pain. Day 4, perhaps I didn't give it my all as I tried out the weights for the first time. Surprisingly, I could hold them up for most of the exercises. Arms were like jello for the last bit of the video though so I set them aside. Right now I feel nothing, just numb in certain areas, so either I didn't work out hard enough or it hasn't set in yet. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

One must remind me to take body shots & take measurements too, as well as scale readings. I must say that diet plays a huge part. One day I tried my very best to not snack so much & ate my standard meals & drank lots of water, I noticed I dropped 1kg. Another day, I had heavy lunch & dinner, didn't drink that much water & didn't keep track of my snacking, I gained 1kg that day. It just proves how diet plays a huge role. So here's me trying! Haven't worked out a meal plan yet. Definitely need to cut down on snacking though =S

For those who have been supporting me these past few days, thank you so very much! I'm hoping to do at least 10 days first. No more excuses! I've got to make time for it! I may not lose the weight I want, but at least I won't be huffing and puffing at the end of it all like a fat lump of pig. Lol.

So wish me luck for the days to come! Don't let me give up! I really really want this to work out (pun intended)! If I haven't tweeted about it, it probably means I haven't done it for the day, encourage me to do it ok? 4 days down! 26 more to go! I can do this! I'm blogging this so I'd be accountable to all who read this, to make sure that I stick to it & don't give up.

Love much,
I'm trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment