Sunday, January 16, 2011

Alcoholic much?

Alcohol. As much as I love my spirits, I don't fancy the effects much. Just so you know, this girl favors Gin Tonic, Absolut Vodka, beer and Baileys. She's not much for whiskey, rum or brandy. Have yet to try champagne, indulge me anyone? =)

Alcohol loosens you up, it helps go easy on the guard or wall you put up. It may even make you daring enough to do things you'd never be able to bring yourself to do when you're sober. If you're shy and inhibited, it'll turn you into the friendliest person around to chat mingle and mix with, with the flirting extras added in too. It'll make you high in spirits so much so that you'd be preaching in the Spirit. It'll help you dance like you've never danced in your life before. It'll help you feel good about yourself for once, because if you ever mess up, you could always blame it on the spirits. It'll even help you sing with the throaty Leonard Cohen or Mick Jagger style voice (sexy no? =P)

Alcohol helps you disconnect from reality. It helps you forget your worries. It helps you giggle and laugh more. It may even help you go sleep faster; That way, you won't have to feel anything. Alcohol makes the world fun and more vivid and more alive. It makes the world spin and the loud blaring music course through your very veins. Talking and words won't matter, thus thinking or overthinking would be out of the picture too. Sensation would be all that matters.

However, alcohol also drowns you. If you're feeling depressed or shitty at that point of time, it will take whatever you're mulling over and double triple gazillion the effects. It will eat you alive. It will make you forget yourself, do things you'd never ever do, sober or otherwise. It will help you churn out (not churn up) your food, zombie projectile style. It will somehow invite and allow unwanted attention. It will tear out your emotions and make you cry bucket loads of tears or scream your lungs out or even lunge out at others. It will make you abusive. It will make your hormones rage out of control. It will make you say things you wished you never did. It will make you tell the truth (most times).

So my point in saying this, I love and enjoy my drinks, I do, but I just got to know when where and with whom to go overboard with. In fact, I cannot drink alone, I'd feel odd. If I do intend to drink myself silly and let loose, I would always make sure I have someone who will take care of me and make sure I'm sobered up or safe enough to hit the bed.

Thus, this is me signing off after a long stint of no alcohol, now with two beers in me. I am now sleepy, cranky and groggy.

Goodnight.

Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment