Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 9 — Someone you wish you could meet

Dear 15 year old self,

I wish I could go back in time to talk to you and prepare you for the coming years. Just to be a friend you could talk to and comfort you. If I could meet you, this is what I'd tell you.

The following years won't be easy, in fact it'll be very hard. You'd go through things no one your age should go through. But you'd come out stronger.

You'd find fun friends along the way especially close ones from church. But you might irk and anger a few from school and lose some too. You'd fall in and out of love several times too. School would pass you by without you noticing but if you can, pause and smell the roses.

God has His plans for you and sometimes it would contradict what you have in mind, but rest assured, everything would fall into place eventually. You might feel disconnected from Him for awhile, but I pray you hang on tightly and never give up hope, always try your very best to trust in Him and find positivity in your every day.

You might doubt yourself in the coming years and be extremely critical on yourself too. But hey, relax, give yourself a break. Don't let anyone else define who you are, don't let anyone else talk you down. For you are your own person and no matter what anyone does, says or takes from you, they can never take away you yourself.

So stay strong dear girl and be courageous! Never give up hope and keep trying. For you my girl will be matured and wise way beyond your age and come out more resilient.

I love you! And no matter how or what happens, I will never let you go!

Xoxo,
Your 22 year old self.

*PS: its been a long day, I didn't have chance to sit down to really think about composing a letter. Will try harder next time. After all, its only been 2days I've missed; I have about 20more days to make up for it =)


Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment