Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 2 — Your Crush

Dear high school crush,

Out of all the crushes and heartthrobs I've encountered over the years, you will be the most memorable of them all.

It was you I chased the hardest, tried the most to win you over and sought all out to win your affection. But I was too young a girl to understand what love or relationships really meant.

From timely trips to the toilet just so our paths would cross, to enthusiastic attendance in co curriculum activities knowing you had yours on the same day. From stealing glances at you during mutual functions, to secretly hoping you'd pick me for games. Just to name a few silly efforts I took.

Just so you know, the clearest memories I have of you are these: when I was taking a glimpse of you from the first floor and you happened to take a drink and look up *blush* (it was an embarrassing moment) or when I finally summoned the courage to email you how I felt only to have you tell me how you really felt few years later when you saw me with another (that was a funny moment).

Thinking about it now makes me laugh after finally realizing how naïve and silly I was. Yet how much fun indeed it was. Thank you for giving me memories I'd cherish forever. My high school experience wouldn't be complete without you.

Once again,
Thank you for everything,
Amanda.


Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment