Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Nature’s orchestra

oh what an afternoon i have today, a splendid one indeed.
for nature put on a show for me, how delightfully entertaining.

the rain pours heavily outside my bedroom window, misting my very cheeks. i simply love the smell of rain, i don't know why, minus the stench of the drains of course, a dampener to the nose that one. today i smelt no stench of horrid, but refreshing perfume got on me for free.

lighting flashed across the stage of sky, brightening the dark gloomy clouds which loomed over. thunders rumbled in the distance, echoed by the sirens of a house alarm gone cuckoo. every now and then, the lighting teased the edge of my window, dancing ever so dangerously close, its thunder pounding on my eardrums, shocking me out of my wits,  but kept entertained nonetheless.

a symphony of sounds sight and senses, the orchestra continued on. from the heavy pour of the rain easing into a pitter patter softening to a drizzle then brought to life again by the roar of the thunder then the onslaught of heavy downpours.

so captivating, enthralling. i find myself swayed to the rhythm of the rain. my eyelids feel so heavy, breathing in only sweet incense, my body exhausted, to the comfort of my bed i retreat. i tell myself no, willing myself awake. nature had the show to complete, and i was meant to witness, but to no avail did my efforts go. as though nature knew its purpose, weaving it’s sleeping potion. falling deeper into slumber, the rain softened to pitter patters, growing softer by the drop. i fell asleep, silence was all i heard for the rain too stopped.

too bad i couldn’t see the myriad of colors cast upon my bedroom walls, for deep in sleep i was. nor notice its magic cascading, blessing me with dreams of peace hope love and happiness. a world away from my own.

sometimes, its best to pause and smell the roses
for God is showing His splendor
are YOU taking a moment to cherish?

No comments:

Post a Comment