Wednesday, July 21, 2010

friendship fail?

God knows how many friends have come and go
how many friends I’ve grown to know
makes me wonder if it was all for show
but many friends stayed and told me no
showed me what true friends are really for

from playing dolls at my neighbor’s place
and surviving the primary school friendship craze
finding my way through the high school friends maze
and even newer or old friends through the college phase
i cross my fingers and hope, I’ve finally found my place

i wasn’t the best of friend
i tried my best never to offend
their best interest I'd defend
in the moment, on me, they could depend
but often found out later, i was just a fiend

my momma always said,
always keep your secrets in the shade
but with friends, it was often too late
for with them, confidentiality pacts were made
share all secrets, hold none back then leave it all to fate

it surprises me so often when old friends make contact
was i really worth the trouble to keep things intact?
in your eyes i was long forgotten, i thought that was the fact
for in many areas of friendship i most certainly did lack
but forgiving as you are, you cut me the slack

so i beg of you today, don’t give up on me
from my experience, keeping in touch is never easy
it may take awhile, but i’ll come around surely
for friendship between you and me,
however fleeting, was definitely meant to be

so the friends i still have with me today
and the friends of yesterday
as well as the friends of come what may
no matter the distance or time of stay
we’d take forever and make it day by day

 Picture0050 Picture0051Picture0052

I love you all!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment