Wednesday, April 23, 2008

gender stereotypes

Funny how there are a set of unspoken rules,
that dictate what girls and boys can or cannot do,
what is proper and improper for the two sexes.

who do you think when I say dolls?
what about eyeliner?
or cooking and housework?
GIRLS?

I say bull----!!
that means guys don't play with action figures?
that means all the cool sexy hot rockers with their lined eyes are sissies?
that means Jamie Oliver and all the wonderful house-husbands out there are lame?

I say not!

or what about this?:
what do you think when I say:
pilots? cars? football? rolling in the mud?
GUYS?

I think not!!
what makes you so sure that girls can't do what guys can?
some girls are even better football players than guys.
some girls are tougher than guys too.

why must girls be the ones subjected to wear dresses?
why is it not appropriate for guys to shed tears?
why is it such a crime for people to act like their opposite sexes?

I say that,
I salute those who do,
I have my utmost respect for those who break these gender rules.

.I say to hell with this nonsense.

4 comments:

  1. hey....i thought of girls when u said rolling in mud....serious.....hahaha...k,k...nonsense aside....but yeah...what hell is all this gender crap when we're s'posed to have moved on....rite? maybe its just another proof that v're still living in barabaric times......i hate being stereotyped myself....but maybe being stereotyped all this while has somehow caged me 2....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol..i meant to edit it into the post..

    cast aside all the guyish fantasies about girls rollin in mud.. i meant more, rugby, dirty ugly brute guys..

    haha..and with that said, i just proved my point at gender stereotypes...why must it be guys instead of girls to be seen as tough and brute? =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think house husbands are HAWT!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol..house husbands are indeed hawt..

    ReplyDelete