Sunday, September 2, 2012

Some Nights

As we lie there upon the bed, one thing's crystal clear. I don't want the moment to pass, I want this for forever. Not a single word breaks the calm silence, it seems too good to be true. As I lay upon your steady chest & absent-mindedly trace lazy circles upon your skin, we are entwined beneath the sheets, cocooned in our own entangled mess. Your heartbeat resonates & pulsates against me, clamoring that my heart follows suit. I nuzzle up to your neck, breathing in the scent of you. Your arm wraps around me & pulls me closer to you. You don't seem to let go, I don't seem to want to go. And in that moment, I feel secure, I feel safe, I am invulnerable. You run your fingers thru my hair & send shivers down my skin. Our legs interlock with one another, the heavy weight of your leg upon mine feels comforting and somewhat feels so right. The warmth enveloping us leaves our skin slick with sweat, yet it doesn't seem to bother us much. My eyes feel so heavy laying there that way, the very thought of falling asleep in your arms seem surreal and almost divine. Our hands find each other and interlock instantly, as though they were meant to fit that way, two pieces of a puzzle that completes. And in that way, in that moment, what seems like forever, we fall asleep into the night, enveloped in each other.

Some nights are kind, some nights are cruel. Some nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment