Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Matthew 18:21-35

Its all about forgiveness today. How does one forgive seventy times seven of eternity when its hard even to forgive one? Even more so, to find the strength & courage to forgive one's self?

Despite me "getting over" things, I still struggle within myself to forgive. Whether it was the one who stole my loved one away, I'm so over it, but perhaps my pride & irritation stands in the way. Or the one who got away, it will always be a never ending complicated battle with myself, feelings, thoughts & memories. Or the ones who got away with me, it cut too deep to be okay anymore. Or the one who turned me away, I understand but it still hurt at one point. Or the one who pretends, its suffocating to keep things up.

I always think of myself as pretty relaxed, chilled & laid back. Whoever knew I kept such dark emotions simmering within me? God, I beg You, please cleanse & ease my troubled heart. Let me let go & let God. Everyone has their own reasons for their actions, perhaps its just not for me to understand but merely accept and move on. After all, who am I to judge others for the same sins I commit?

As God has forgiven me time and time again, so must I forgive others time and time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment