Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lenten Sacrifice

I did this last year, & I succeeded. If I daresay, I even passed with flying colors. I even managed to continue my sacrifice after lent was over & yes, I'm proud of myself for that. However, as with all things associated to me, it didn't last. I soon gave up after a few months (or was it half a year? Somewhere there.). So it saddens me to have given it up, wishing I could revive it again.

It feels so surreal that its been a whole year since my life took a drastic life-changing turn. During this time last year, I faced possibly the hardest reality check ever. Yet, I succeeded & held onto my lenten sacrifice. I surrendered to Him & in turn, we journeyed together each step of the way & we still do.

So what exactly am I talking about? BIBLE. My Lenten sacrifice last year was to read the Bible daily, at least a lil bit. I followed the reading plans in my Youth Bible, and ran out after finishing 3 or 4 short plans. Then I started the Psalms, but couldn't complete it yet.

So today, this year, I'm starting it again. To add to it, I'm going to blog about it as well. Last year, I wrote it all down. So perhaps you're asking, why blog? Seems so self-fulfilling instead of God-centered eh? But I need to discipline myself to make sure I do it, & who knows, I might just possibly inspire others in one way or another by blogging?

So yes, to all those out there who are also striving to have a meaningful Lent, may we succeed for His sake. Have a Blessed Lent everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment