Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Envy or Jealousy? Choose your poison.

Envy or jealousy
Often used interchangeably
Whose meanings
Are often misconstrued
Envy stems from fear of inferiority
Jealousy stems from fear of loss
So unless you stand to lose something
Please use the word jealous more wisely

More often than not
Envy gets the most of me
Wanting things I lack
Not things I could lose
Since I never had to begin with
But I could possibly get
If I wanted bad enough
Or worked hard enough

But right now
I'm utterly jealous
Just thinking about it
Sets me off the edge
For once I stand to lose
What's rightfully mine
Not something I can get again

Is this some sort of message?
Is God punishing me for my sins?
Or Karma biting my ass back?
Or a huge prank of a reality show?
Because my one love and passion in life
To finally get a glimpse, a taste, a hope
Of what I thought could never be mine
Could possibly be stripped away from me

I guess it truly was never meant for me in the first place. Sigh. I can only trust in His decision for me that things would work out the best way it possibly could. I'm never one to hope, but in this, I hope, I hope in Him to give me hope.

Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment