Friday, December 24, 2010

So this is Christmas

It's that time of the year again! Presents, red or green or white or any other colorful decoration, Christmas tree, Santa Claus & yummy food! Or is it...? Shouldn't Christmas be about Jesus?!

Speaking of presents, how do you choose your presents? I love Christmas because I get to shop and not feel guilty about spending! Because I AM buying for others after all, and not me...Teehee.

The size of the object matters not. For sometimes, the best gifts come in the smallest size. Think how the world received the greatest gift of all a few million years ago in the smallest size of the baby Jesus.

It doesn't matter how it's wrapped, the content is what matters. Think how the baby Jesus was not born in a grand hotel, but in a lowly manger, wrapped in swaddling clothes.

It doesn't matter the pricetag, it is the thought that counts. God gave the world the most priceless gift ever by giving us His only Son.

So this Christmas, as much as I'd love expensive charms and new clothes and any other materialistic things (I still would love them *winks*), I take today to thank the Lord for showering me with plenty of presents all year round.

I got the gift of life 22years ago. I got the gift of a loving family. I got the gift of great friends. I got the gift of a someone special this year. I got the gift of education and the opportunity to learn everyday. I got the gift of a safe environment and a place to call my home. I got the best gift of all, I got the gift of FAITH. I got lots and lots and lots more gifts which is tooooo much to be listed down here. All of which the Birthday Boy himself gifted me; I wonder what have I given him in return? =(

So take today, to await not for the presents under the tree, but await today for the coming of the biggest best present of all! -Jesus Christ, who awaits your presence too. Remember why we even celebrate Christmas in the first place, the Birthday of the Lord! The best gift you could give him is none other than yourself! =)

So Happy Birthday my Beloved Saviour!
& Merry Christmas everyone!

XOXO,
Mandy.

Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment