Thursday, April 30, 2009

mere coincidences, no more.

mere coincidences,
i told myself.
you were busy
all the times i asked you out
and you turned me down

mere coincidence
was today
when you shunned me
didn’t even offer to meet and talk
the way we used to
you were busy with another after all

mere coincidences
were all the times you didn’t reply
you probably ran out of credit
yet messaging me at the most opportune of times
when i couldn’t reply back

mere coincidences,
all of the above?
i think not.

something happened that day
i don't know what
i thought the day was great
except for the glitch at the end
but that couldn’t possibly be your reason, could it?!

maybe i gave you a wrong impression
for that i understand
but for you to avoid me without reason?
hurts worse than being stood up

and even after all this,
I'm still hoping
these were all
mere coincidences.

No comments:

Post a Comment