Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thanatophobia

fear of death or dying.

my biggest fear,
to the point of phobia.

this fear,
can keep me frozen in my place,
can make me break out in cold sweat,
can make me feel sick all over.

I can barely even think of it,
without suffering the symptoms above.

i don't like the idea of being alone.
being stuck 6feet under ground,
not knowing what lies ahead,
will I suffer?

how will judgement be?
how will heaven be like?
how will hell?
or purgatory?
where will I go?

im scared shitless!
I really am.

even as i type this,
goosebumps and chill sting my bones.

one of the things i especially don't like,
is that no one can predict it nor control it,
it can happen anytime,
when you least expect it.

i can barely sleep alone,
you're asking me to die alone?
face death and judgement,
and the uncertainty of the afterlife alone?

im so doomed.
*face buried in hands*
(excuse the pun)

4 comments:

  1. you know waht....life's what u should b be worried bout b4 u worry bout death....i duno how it's gonna be,n i cannot say that's it's gonna be orite,but...i guess once u live life the best way u can,life after death...even death won't be so bad...
    (get wat i was trying to say???)
    seriously...if i eva get to see the all fabled big guy up there,i'm gonna give him a hell of a time...! he has a lot of answering to do....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol..im sure id be overflowing with questions too..haha...

    guess im not living life correctly...instead im taking it for granted and living it recklessly..maybe thats why im scared..??

    anyway, as of now, come what may =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. u noe wat? we're barely 20....i think we do have a fair share of mistakes that v have made n will continue to make...in my book,what's important is that u learn from your mistakes....we would've never learnt how to walk if v hadn't falllen down n scraped our knees over n over again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda! I so know the feeling!!Everytime I hear/read of a death I freak out.

    ReplyDelete