Monday, December 10, 2012

This I Promise You

Looking back, this is what I see:

So you say you're hungry,
I'd make sure that you eat
Even if just a morsel
Would make me really happy

I don't have all the time in the world
But I'd make the time for you
Even if just few minutes
To me, its better than not at all

I'm the type of girl
Who'd drop by without notice
Just to say hi and goodbye
And no, it ain't cause i'm paranoid
(cause i'm not like that)

You've got nights out without me
I need my alone time too
I don't need or want to be clingy
We need the space to breathe

So others give you multiple once-overs
Or you chat with other people
Don't expect me to be jealous
Cause I trust in you that you know your limits

I love and enjoy texting
Every second of every day
Even if i don't get a reply
Its just how i keep in touch

You like the lamb
I hate the meat
But for you,
I'd try it

You want that scene or that crowd
But I don't like it or don't feel comfy
For you, I'd grin and bear it
Cause that to me, is compromise

But, I won't cut ties with anyone
Just cause you don't like them
I won't stop doing the things i love
But I'd agree to meet you halfway

I'd be honest and say
I don't deal well with arguments
I am a bucket of tears
A tangled mess of insecurities

Most of the time I'd be whiny about me
I don't feel I look good
So if you can put up with reassuring me 24/7
(with sincerity of course)
Or help me build my confidence
I know I can/will be the best of me

If you can put up with being placed second
To my baby girl and everything else
If you can be rest assured that despite it all
Especially the timing according to me,
I'm there, I love you & I'd always make it up to you
If you can put my past behind me
I promise you I'd love you wholeheartedly
And there would be no one else for me but you
So take a chance on me? =P

No comments:

Post a Comment