Saturday, May 5, 2012

Unrealistic Expectations or Wishes

For once, I'd like to look at the mirror & smile at the person looking back at me. I know looks aint everything, but I'd still love to look at the reflection and be able to exclaim, "wow, you look good.". I'd love to look at that image and think to myself "who is that girl, she's so confident!" I'd like to be able to say that the person staring back at me is comfortable in her own skin & is proud of herself. I'd like to be able to wear anything at all or nothing & still look amazing. I want to be able to make heads turn in awe & admiration. I want people to wonder if I naturally look stunning or am I wearing makeup or even if I am wearing makeup, its put on so flawlessly that its hard to imagine that I am. I wish I had a bounce in my step or I seem to not walk at all & seem to glide over the floor. I wish I could hold people's attention with the words that I speak. I wish I had a bubbly fun outgoing yet demure personality that would charm people into thinking I was interesting & friendly. I wish I was friendly & able to carry conversations without a hitch. I wish I smiled all the time that people would go crazy trying to figure out what's my happy secret. I wish I could command respect that people knew their boundaries with me & would not screw me over or mess with me. I wish I'd be someone people called beautiful. I wish I was stylish in my own way. I wish I was daring enough to try out new looks. I wish I was kinder, more compassionate, more understanding & more emphatic of others. I wish I had sexy hair that tumbled neatly down my back. I wish I had a fresh face that looked ready for photos at anytime. I wish I was photogenic. Heck, I can't even carry off the geeky nerdy look without looking completely dorky awkward & weird doing it.

Bottom line, I wish I was prouder & more confident of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment