Thursday, July 15, 2010

takes one to know one

a lecturer once said in class,
the things you see in others, the labels you put on people
are things you realize and can speak of
simply because you already have it within yourself.

sounds simple and easy, aint it?
but its power is like butterfly wings
found only in the chaos theory
where a mere flap
causes a hurricane halfway across the globe

God only knows the countless judgments I've passed on others. the little ticks that people do that i get myself annoyed with. the confident people that i shun and irk myself with. For to recognize those traits within others, i see myself reflected in their actions.

and gosh, how ugly i am. truly revoltingly horrendous. i feel like  im placed within the horror of a Dorian Gray plot. my soul ugly and rotting before my very eyes. how the guilt overrides my inner being. yet the snap judgmental mind of mine evilly sneers with my whip of a tongue.

but hah! as there are always two sides to a coin, so does this. relabeling as i said, though simple, is a powerful tool. its a habit of mine to look for something to compliment on in a person. it takes awhile to tell myself, hey, if he/she can do it, so can you, just believe in yourself. all this positivity doesn't grow on you overnight, but only time would take its toll. so maybe i will practice more positivity. it wont be easy, but then again, nothing in life is. but the rewards one reaps? priceless.

a friend once told me, no one can be better than you but you. for someone else may be good at something you ain’t, but you too can be better at something that person ain’t. so find the strength within yourself and take pride, ruffle your feathers and show off like a peacock.

so look in the mirror today
stare at the person staring back at you
who do you choose to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment