Saturday, June 5, 2010

imperfections

ask around, you’d find i’m my own biggest critic
friends aplenty say i dont give myself enough credit
i however beg to differ absolutely
for look at me and you’d find ghastly

i aint street smart, i lack the common sense
i do just above average, missing the flag of fail
i get the occasional joke, i’d miss the bigger picture
the wisdom i get are from my love of books

i aint the good looker, i’ve only got flabs to offer
dont know how to fashion fad myself
aint the athletic with the toned sunkissed body
i do just enough to get by comfortably

i am my own irony, for i take interests in things i fail greatly
poetry, photography, scrapbooking
all of which i lack the creativity flair
seen others who have done so much better

i aint the sweet girly girl guys go after
nor the hot sexy one guys drool over
certainly aint the brainy one either
nor the crazy cool chick rebel to admire

who am i exactly? i myself dont know
of what i do know, is I am a passerby
i do enough, live enough, just to pass by
like a shooting star bursting bright in the air,
close your eyes for a second
and you might just have missed her there.

i’ll never be the girl you seek
you’re simply outta my league
cause i obviously dont fit the par

No comments:

Post a Comment