Friday, May 21, 2010

Carpe Diem & Viva la Vie!

looking back in my life
i realized something
i never really lived my life
nor do i know what its like to really live

i daresay i floated through school
flitting from 1 social group to the next
joining whoever who would accept me
funny sad thing is
i can hardly remember anyone now

nothing jumps at me from my memories
nothing stands out
to say “hey, i remember this!”
everything is one huge blur

the only thing i seem to remember
are what television shows i used to watch
who were my exes
not even the memories of us being together
just the label of a relationship
the cliques i used to have
the atrocious fashion sense i used to have

so hey, this is for the present
the today now and future
hopefully things would start to clarify itself
crystallizing clear with each new day
making my relationships with my loved ones
matter more, strong and last forever
making memories more vivid and gratifying
making life more substantial and meaningful

Cheers to life and everything in between!

No comments:

Post a Comment