Thursday, August 6, 2009

of dying and eulogies

if i were to die tomorrow,
looking back on my life so far,
would i have regretted it?
im guessing maybe,
maybe yes, maybe no.

so what would my final thoughts be?
how would i evaluate my life?
what would i have been thankful for?
what would i have regretted?
what would have been my final wishes?
what would my final words be?

i’d thank God for his blessings
for letting me have this borrowed time
for the chance to have experienced a life in His creation
i’d thank God for my loving family
one that never ever once stopped loving or caring for me
i’d thank God for all the great friends he’s blessed me with
the ones who give me joy and comfort
I’d thank Him also for all the trials and tribulations
just to make me stronger at the end of the day
and to make me trust in Him even more
yes, I’d thank God for this life,
though short, i loved it!

unfortunately my regrets are quite a few
from regrets of not spending more time with loved ones
to not saying things i should’ve, to saying things i shouldn’t,
to all the misdeeds and wrongs i’ve done
unintentionally or otherwise, no one deserves to get hurt
to not living life to the fullest
instead of just lazing around and wasting it away
to not having anything to be proud of
my biggest regret of which would be
not making my mark in this life
to not be able to say i did something
i made a difference
even in the tiniest teensiest of ways.

if i could know when i die
and prepare for it
the last few things i wish to do
would be to say hi and goodbye to every one of my loved ones
or maybe start a blog to say a few things of everyone whom i’ve met
and also go for a long overdue confession
and finish reading the Bible before i go meet Him

so if i die tomorrow,
this is what i’d say:

thank you all who have been a part of my life
big or small, you’ve made an impact, I'm sure of it
live life to the fullest, don’t waste any day
so that when you go,
you go without regrets
of how your life could’ve been
cause you lived it the way you wanted to =)

halomerest in peace people! =) hehe…

is that all you see me as these days?
im truly disappointed if you say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment